Various speculations have been made on what a deep fryer is, What to Cook In a Deep Fryer? and whether you really are a person that needs a deep fryer at your home or even a commercial place. If you are an owner of a food truck or a small diner place, then stop thinking about these questions as you surely need a deep fryer to fry all those crunchy French fries and chicken wings, else your customers are going to get fed up with the long waiting time. I am sure you don’t want that. On the other hand, even homemakers should consider buying a deep fryer as we know how much children love fried food, it’s just so delicious.
What To Cook In A Deep Fryer?
But what really is a deep fryer? Is it a big bowl? Or just a pan? Well, you can call it a big basket-like structure that consists of oil, heating at just the right temperature. It also comes with a mesh-like structure that will consist of the food items you want to fry. Just dip the mesh basket into the oil and let it remain like that for a while, and the item will be fried without you having to do anything else. Also, for added safety and precautions, most top rated deep fryers come with a glass lid that you can use to cover the fryer to avoid oil spilling everywhere and to save you from unwanted burns.
Yes, I am sure you must be thinking if I am going to talk only about non-veg lovers. Well, that’s not the case as you can cook a lot of vegetables in a deep fryer as well, such as the French fries using potato and not to forget the famous potato chips. Onion rings, fried veggies, crisp potato skins, and so much more can be made using a deep fryer. For people who love to fry everything, you can even fry green vegetables in the hot oil in a deep fryer.
If I start by making a list of the number of food items that you can make using a deep fryer, it’s going to be an unending list of ingredients. Still, I would like to mention some more like mushrooms, minced meat, pork chops, pork skin, crab cakes, leeks, hot dogs, fried ice cream, mars bars, fritters, beef, and lamb.
Deep Frying Recipes
How can we even end this without sharing some of our best tried and tasted deep frying recipes? So, in this segment, we will share with you some of the top recipes that are very easy to make as well as quick. You can serve them in a quiet family dinner or even at a party. Thank us later.
- For this, you will need a 10 to 16-pound turkey and a lot of peanut oil for your deep fryer.
- You can choose to marinate the turkey with some of your home spices like lemon juice or vinaigrette, rosemary, and thyme.
- make sure that the temperature of the oil in the deep fryer is between 345 degrees Fahrenheit and 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- place the turkey in the mesh basket carefully and immerse it into the hot oil.
- Fry it for 3 minutes exactly and take it out of the oil. Let it rest for at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving it to guests.
- For this recipe, you can get yourself some ready-made wonton wrappers.
- For the filling, you can use either chicken or pork. It depends upon which you like the most. In vegetables, some bok choy, spinach, celery, bean sprouts, and any other vegetables that you like. Some soy sauce, powdered ginger, egg whites, and oil to fry the egg roll.
- Start by chopping all the vegetables finely along with the meat. Pour some oil in a wok or pan and stir fry the vegetables. Add the meat and cook it till it is done.
- Add some soy sauce, in my opinion. One teaspoon is enough, add some ginger powder for taste. Stir it and add some more oil if it feels dry. After a few minutes of stirring, the filling will be ready.
- Making an egg roll is very similar to that. Place the wrapper in a plate, and add some filling to it. Now fold one side of the wrapper on top of the filling, fold the other half on top of it after brushing it with some egg whites.
- The egg whites will act as a glue. Make it look like an oval packet. Now repeat the same for all the wrappers.
- Place the egg rolls in the deep frying basket and dip it into the oil.
- When the egg rolls start becoming a crispy brown, they are ready to be taken out of the fryer.
- Let it rest in some oil-soaking tissue paper, and it is ready to serve.
Now that you know what a deep fryer is let’s move on to what things that you can cook in a deep fryer. If you are a meat lover, you will be happy to know that in Foods you can Deep Fry, meat is the major item. In meat, you can fry seafood like oysters, clams, shrimp, octopus, clams and squids, lobsters, crabs, and so much more. You can even fry an entire chicken or turkey in the deep fryer if it is large enough to fit it. Otherwise, just cut it into small chunks and fry it. If you are a fish lover, I am sure fish and chips will be one of your most favourite meals, and it will surely be a joy for you to know how easy it is to prepare fish and chips using a deep fryer.